Every song tells a story…
A storyteller songstress from Edmonton, Rebecca’s modern
folk sound is uniquely her own. Her songs, based on history, myths & poetry,
evoke powerful images and emotions.
She moves easily from blues to jazz to pop styles and accompanies
herself on piano, guitar, banjo or drum. See her live and you will be
entranced by her vocals and drawn into the depths of her songs.
- Showcased at Canadian Folk Music Awards 2012, and 2013, and Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta 2013
- 2013 Canadian Folk Music Awards (CFMA) Young Performer of the Year Nominee for "Avant Garden"
- 2013 Sonic Youth Winner of the Calgary Folk Festival Songwriting Contest
- 2013 Youth at the Blues Finalist at Beaumont Blues Festival
- 2013 Edmonton Music Award Nominee for Underage Recording of the Year
- 2012 CFMA Young Performer of the Year Nominee for "Myths and Monsters"
- 2011 CFMA Young Performer of the Year Nominee for "Not in Neverland"
- Top Six Finalist in 2012 All-Albertan Song Contest
- Wild Card on season 5 of YTV's Next Star
- Galaxie Young Performer at 2012 and 2013 Winnipeg Folk Festival
- Wrote and performed "The Earl: a Folk Opera" at Nextfest 2013
- Co wrote 7 songs for Edmonton Fringe Production, Searching for Normal
- Performed at Calgary Folk Festival in July 2013
- Co-writing new music with Rob Heath and Marty Pawlina
- Developing Girl Empowerment Concert
- Working on next CD with producer Barry Allen at Homestead Recorders
"The teen channels the likes of a young Fiona Apple and Tori Amos , which is quite impressive...Wise beyond her years, she is already a seasoned musician that will have no problem grabbing your attention."
Myths and Monsters Review, Ariel Publicity